Monday, June 16, 2008

Video Camera Sadness

Ok, I don't understand why everything has to be so complicated. In this day and age of technological advancement it is just inconceivable.

My mom and I went to Sam's Club to get a video camera. I was talking to the man about the difference between two camera's. He sad one had a tape and one had a mini DVD. I could NOT imagine that there were still camera's that had tapes, so I figured he must have no idea what he was talking about. I asked him why I would pay more for it to automatically make a DVD when I could just hook it up directly to my computer and burn my own? He just agreed and said nothing.

So we get it home and I'm ASTONISHED that it actually takes a TAPE. A TAPE. Like, a dinosaur would have more use for this tape. I still didn't care because we bought a memory card for it and I figured, OK, no problem. I don't NEED this tape, I can just use this optional memory card that we paid EXTRA for. Oh what a RIDICULOUS idea! Absolutely will not record ANY video without this TAPE. I'm thinking at this point the guy actually DID know what he was talking about. But...

Friday night we're at Curtis and Heather's house and the kids decide to write a song and perform it. This time there song is about Kennedy: "My grandma Ethel," and Leila: "My dad's grandma." They love to talk about their grandma's that died. I have no idea what that is all about. This is pretty typical, but Kennedy usually gets too nervous and laughs so much she can't finish it and Leila just gets frustrated and yells at her. Leila is very serious.

Nate decided to "produce" their play this time. He had them write their song down with their parts so they knew when to sing them and he gives them a little choreography and they practice. This time they ACTUALLY get through it! It was SO cute. Curtis recorded it but then Nate told them he wanted to record it the next day with our DIGITAL RECORDER and put it on YouTube. The kids love YouTube, so of course they are so excited they can't stand it. They get all dressed up and put on tons of this hideous black eyeshadow and obsess about it ALL Saturday. After the filming was complete Nate did a "behind the scenes" segment and he told me Leila says, "If you liked what you saw go to www.LeilaandKennedy.com!" Hahaha. She asked me if the website would be named after them. I laughed at her and she didn't think it was very funny.

So we get the thing done, go to hook it to the computer..........NOPE! WILL NOT TRANSFER TO THE COMPUTER! You may be thinking how stupid I am, but the damn thing says it is a freakin' digital recorder right on it. And I'm reading the manual and it says you can do this. I installed the software and there's a button RIGHT on the screen that says, "Import from Tape" where you just play the tape through the computer and record it with the software. It just says it can't find it. SO I GIVE UP! I'm taking this piece of crap back and getting a new one. Thank you very much, Sam's Club Idiot. SO mad. Again. Hahaha. Always somethin' makin' me mad.

No comments: