Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Financial Assistance and Griping about the Government (MAD AGAIN!)

I applied again for Food Stamps and Financial assistance because my hours have been cut A LOT and because 2 different idiots that my mom talked to said that they are more lenient in the last months of your pregnancy. The idiots also said to make sure to EXPLAIN that Nate isn't contributing ALL of his income to the household, that he is just paying half of the bills.

I'm about to murder my mother. She has made me fill out that damn application about four damn times in my life. I keep telling her I make too much and she sits and makes me feel like a fool because I'm not asking for help. STUPIDLY I let her intimidate me saying, "You just hate to jump through hoops. [The people] TOLD me [this is how it works]." Even though I argue that I don't see [the people] that she talked to behind the desk or even in the same office, I just fill out the stupid thing again and get all excited like she MIGHT be right. I fill out the THREE PAGE application, get all of my financial documents together and wait 20 minutes just to get someone to answer the phone for the application completion interview just to have another idiot lady tell me what I already knew. I'm RICH obviously.

Of course the idiots were wrong. I told the interview lady three times about Nate's income on the phone. I explained my pay cut to them three times. The lady said you have to be impoverished and basically have an income of $0.00.

So, because I have a house payment and a car payment, the government will not help me eat. I guess I should quit my job, sell my house and strive to be homeless and jobless so that the government will assist me. What kind of a bunked up system is THIS?! Who honestly has NO income and manages to come in to apply for this assistance? It makes me wonder who could POSSIBLY qualify? Who are they helping there?

My mom is obviously insane by the pure definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. It's just like when I get a sore throat. My mother is CONVINCED that it's strep throat EVERY TIME. I tell her and tell her it's not but she drags me to the doctor and pays to get a culture anyway, and WHATTYA KNOW! It's NEVER STREP THROAT! I'm gonna kill her.

2 comments:

The Olsens said...

Remember when neither one of us had a job and we only qualified for $40 worth of food stamps? People come into the store with like $800 on there food stamp card. I have NO idea how they do it. They must have like 10 kids and no income or something.

Nanci said...

RIGHT! I know! I remembered that day how mad I was at the lady back then. She said, "Thanks to President Clinton all that has changed." Well, it changed for HONEST people, I think. My mom said the same thing about the girls at the store. They have tons of government assistance and they work at the store. Anyways. NEVER AGAIN. She's NOT suckering me into that again.