Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh! My Back!

I woke up one morning with a pinched nerve in my back. It was like a toothache in my back and it was getting to be unbearable, especially after about 8 days. Ice helped but only for one night. I took a lot of ibuprofins and rested a lot. It would go away and come back and go away and come back even worse. I kept saying I needed to go to the Dr. and then I would change my mind. I figured there was nothing they could do but give me pain medication or tell me to go to a chiropractor or something.

So one day, because my plumbing had been out of use for about a month, I went to my mom's in the middle of the night. On my way off the porch I missed the last step and fell hands-and-knees into the tomato plants. I thought for sure I would get stuck there like that. My ankles twised and my hands were scraped and my knee was all wet and muddy. Terrible luck. I sat there for a minute to be really mad and scared and then went home to tell Nate my story. Then I noticed my foot was all cut and bleeding. Shoot.

Then for a couple of days it felt like I had a hangnail or something on my big toe, I assume from falling. I took a bath last night and soaked it and cut off some of the nail and put some hydrogen peroxide on it. I was feeling very picked on, but finally I feel much better.

No comments: